Aurora / Re:Set Aurora 88 Completo
« Ultimo post da greciacret il Luglio 04, 2024, 00:55:27 am »
 :set2010001:
Aurora / Re:Set Aurora 88 Completo
« Ultimo post da stefano_R il Giugno 28, 2024, 09:30:31 am »
epperò......un set invidiabile!!!!
Aurora / Set Aurora 88 Completo
« Ultimo post da turin-pens il Giugno 24, 2024, 17:27:10 pm »
si sa di 88 ne sono state vendute milioni e non è per nulla difficile trovarne anche più d'una in qualsiasi mercatino dell'antiquariato. Ma quel che non è facilissimo è trovare un set completo di tutto punto in cui il numero della penna e del certificato di garanzia coincidono. Completa il classico pannetto gialle e l'astuccio in allumino rosa salmone. Quest'ultimo tipico ed esclusivo dei set.
Presentazioni / Re:Mi presento
« Ultimo post da turin-pens il Giugno 24, 2024, 15:53:19 pm »
Benvenuto anche da parte mia!
Williamson - Diva incompresa / Willianson rientrante laminata oro verde
« Ultimo post da turin-pens il Giugno 22, 2024, 12:05:32 pm »
Ecco qui una new entry, come Giuseppe Tubi ha mostrato in questo topic: l'utilizzo del'oro verde è una delle peculiarità della Williamson Torino. Alle stranezze o particolarità, questa Williamson aggiunge una finitura a buccia cantalupo "vagamente satinata" detta anche a buccia d'uovo che aiuta a far risaltare la tridimensionalità degli inserti repoussé.

Non è la stessa Williamson ma anche questa si presenta nella stessa tonalità d'oro nota anche come oro verde. Sarebbe utile fare un confronto dal vivo di tutte e tre per tentare di capire se hanno delle analogie comuni.
Hello Francis,

In recent years, there has been a surge in the design and construction of pens in ways that are utterly abstruse, if not completely nonsensical. It's unclear whether this stems from a lack of design skill or if it's a strategy to compel buyers to seek assistance from the companies' customer service when damage occurs.

As always, your work is fascinating.

Thank you for sharing.
Ancora / ANCORA DUPLEX 54
« Ultimo post da turin-pens il Giugno 18, 2024, 11:19:10 am »
Ecco una bellissima e praticamente nuova Ancora Duplex 54 Oversize in celluloide nera con finiture dorate.

La scatola completa il tutto.

Per me semplicemente meravigliosa nella sua livrea nera.
"Repair" of a Conway Stewart “Winston” FP
Never encountered such a poorly designed pen….
Hi all,
A few days ago a friend came in with his leaking CS Winston FP and asked for a repair.
This “looked” a nice and hefty OS piston filler, weighing 55 grams.
So I've expected no problems in getting the pen repaired.
Heated up the barrel threads to get the section out, un-screwing, pulling ….no succes
Putting the pen front in an US cleaner for 30 minutes@ 35°C, un-screwing, pulling no succes …
Started wiggling and pulling the section and finally the section seat came out the barrel .
Although I could only pull the section approximately 25mm out, I could see a thin convertor screwed and glued in the section end.
The convertor wall had a radial crack at the seam between the converter and the section, triggering the experienced leak
Heated up the section end and tried to unscrew the convertor, but as somewhat expected…. it broke.
OK, then I had to find another solution, but first I had to get the convertor out of the barrel.
No way to get the dammed convertor out, not from the front nor from the barrel end!
The male barrel blindcap threads being 9mm, and the protruding riffled filling knob being 7mm,I decided to enlarge the bore in the male filling knob threads 7.5mm.
No result , so I decided to make te bore to 9mm, removing the male threads completely, and finally I had the convertor out.
Inside the barrel  there was a thick walled brass tube, being over the total length of the barrel, I could also see the bore was internally stepped .
After processing the barrel for 30min @ 35°C in the US cleaner, then heating up the brass pipe at the inside, I hoped I would to able to knock the brass bushing out of the barrel.
In vain…. the brass tube was permanently glued in the barrel.
So to the lathe : centering out the barrel perfectly  and turning the diameter 7/11mm brass tube completely out.
Enlarging  the bore in the brass bushing was no alternative, since a brass piston bore would corrode quickly when at contact with ink. ...
Using small diametrical passes I finally succeeded to get the bushing out and enlarged the bore to 11.2mm resulting in a perfect smooth piston bore.
Having my own screw piston filler design,I decided to implement my piston filler in the pen.
The filling knob of my filler being 14mm longer compared  to the original blindcap , I’ve shortened the barrel  with 14mm and provided the necessary M12x0.75mm threads in the barrel end to screw my piston filler in.
Not having the original acrylic I’ve made the new filling knob from hard rubber
Made an appropriate  piston head with a 2.2mm thick O ring and installed my piston filler, perfect!
Made and  installed an epoxy  glued  diameter  11.2 x 8.8mm transition ring in the barrel front and epoxy glued the section in.
Pen is filling royal 2.4ml of ink, worthy a pen of this size! 
A serious upgrade compared to the silly 0.8ml the convertor could take !
Attached a picture of the repaired pen and the remaining parts of the original pen.
Took me over 11 hours of work, but both my friend and myself are very happy with the result !
During my work on the pen I was astonished seeing how poor and unnecessary complex this pen was designed...
CS clearly wanted a ”hefty" pen, being the only reason why they integrated the heavy brass bushing.
However due to the internally stepped bore, the brass bushing can only be installed/ glued in the barrel after the convertor is introduced in the barrel !
And only  then the convertor can be screwed/ glued in the section!
Although I admit the pen is surely esthetically pleasing, I never encountered such a maintenance unfriendly, overcomplex and poor design.
Just my 2 Euro cents..
Best regards,
Francis Goossens
PS : After comparing the original barrel entry bore through which the convertor should be installed with the maximum diameter of the( GP )part off the convertor the convertor is effectively 0.03 mm larger in diameter, so could not be installed not removed from the front.
Could this have been caused by over time shrinkage of the acrylic also lightly deforming the brass bushing ? 
I seriously doubt it...
Whatever, the barrel bore should have been made at least 0.3mm larger coping with this risk.
Montblanc / Re:Montblanc 334 1/2
« Ultimo post da turin-pens il Giugno 12, 2024, 20:26:32 pm »
Nice find!
Early version with telescopic filler, right?
Yes, telescopic piston filler.

Inviato dal mio moto g pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Pagine: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Twittear