Autore Topic: Omas 361 variants  (Letto 2410 volte)

Offline Jeff L

• Beginner
Omas 361 variants
« il: Maggio 15, 2010, 16:38:38 pm »
Hi all,

I've been wondering about the variations of the 361 and how they fit into Omas' chronology.

From what I understand, the model begins in 1947/48 with a screw cap model with a white dot on the hood as a nib indicator.  This white dot eventually becomes a gold dot (1955) and then an chevron or arrow (1957).  These dates are from Dolcini.

Now some of the hoods have a step just before the nib as shown here (fabbale's post on Mar 15):

Others have a step just after the threads as here in Stephano's post following Fabbale's (note that this hood has neither a dot nor an arrow):

Now some faceted models have the imprint 361 and others have 361 B as in this pic from Paolo's post (May 11 on FPN):

And with a step before the nib:

Interestingly, the 2009 Omas catalog states that the 361 B was introduced in 1955/56.

The wording of the 2009 catalog makes it seem as if the faceted version of the 361 only appears in 1955/56:
"In 1955 the faceted line joined the streamlined line and the simple and elegant clip of the rounded models of 1948..."

Perhaps faceted versions prior to 1955 were only imprinted as 361?
Or there were no faceted versions prior to 1955?
Or later versions dropped the "B" from the imprint?

Lest we think only the faceted versions had steps in the hood, this round version does as well (fabbale's other post on Mar 15):

And then, there is the round slip cap version where there is no step but rather a smooth curve to the hood as in my attachment below.

So how do all these variants fit into Omas' history.  When do they occur?

Tags:

Twittear